For most car shoppers, the name Buick Regal may recall images of low priced used cars or it may bring up images of nothing at all. That's because there simply hasn't been a Buick Regal for the last seven years, General Motors stopped building the Regal in 2004. For 2011, the Regal is back as an all- new car for the US. Designed in Germany, the Regal is similar to the European Opel Insignia sport sedan so the emphasis is less on comfort and more on performance. A sharp looking, well-sorted sedan, the 2011 Regal essentially changes the very heart of Buick.
Here are Auto Trader's five reasons to buy a 2011 Buick Regal:
- Interior Comfort: Buick has managed to give the Regal a spacious interior despite being one of the smallest Buicks ever built. The interior color choices and quality of materials is impressive and even stacks up well against more expensive European sedans like the Mercedes Benz C-Class. Seat comfort is also excellent front and rear.
- Stylish Exterior: With dramatic flared fenders and wide tires wrapped around 18-inch wheels, the 2011 Regal not only looks stylish and youthful but somewhat aggressive as well. A small spoiler on the trunk, pulled back taillights and a large, raised Buick emblem at the rear give the Regal a distinct look.
- Luxury and Value: The Regal's base price is just under $27,000. In addition to heated leather seats and 18-inch wheels, other standard equipment includes dual zone climate control, OnStar, Bluetooth, steering wheel mounted audio controls, a tilt and telescoping steering wheel and a USB port for connecting portable music players.
- Decent Fuel Economy: The Regal is offered with two four-cylinder engines, one turbo and one non-turbo. The 2.4-liter non-turbo engine makes 182 horsepower but still manages 30 mpg on the highway and 19 in the city.
- Fun to Drive: Unlike most every other Regal before it, the 2011 Buick Regal is a very rewarding car to drive. The suspension and steering provide just the right amount of feedback without feeling harsh. Even those who like to escape to a side road every now and then will like the Regal's handling and acceleration.