The Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Association recently named its choice for 2017 “Best Family Car” as the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. Each year, members of GAAMA gather at Lake Lanier, Georgia for its Family Car Challenge. This year’s event was in late May when two dozen automotive media judged 22 vehicles nominated and entered by their manufacturers for a number of awards.
A rare opportunity to drive a variety of competitors across several segments back-to-back over the same course, the media evaluated vehicles in a number of subcategories, such as Value, Green, Technology and so forth. Rather than performance, as many such competitions are judged, the Family Car Challenge weights the scores heavily for family functionality.
No question, the star of the event was the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, scooping up three awards, including the overall Best Family Car. The remaining awards were spread across several brands:
- Overall Best Family Car: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
- Best Value Family Car: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Best Green Family Car: 2017 Toyota Prius Prime
- Best Technology Family Car: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
- Best Luxury Family Car: 2017 Lexus RX
- Best Family Pickup Truck: 2017 RAM 1500
- Best 3-Row Family Car: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica