This cherry 1992 VW Cabriolet Karmann features the iconic MkI/A1 body and has had a significant amount of work performed to make it quick & super nimble; this includes:
- Engine with <5k miles
- Suspension (Bilstein shocks; neuspeed struts, strut/sway bars) <5k miles
- Transmission with <25k miles
- Interior/exterior renovation (metallic gray paint, seats, two tone upholstery, dashboard, Recaro front seats)
The original 1.8L engine was replaced with an ABA 2.0 engine, bored to 2.1. The engine swap was performed in 2004, when mileage was 135,500; current mileage is 139,220.
The front seats have been replaced with Recaro sport seats, entire interior custom reupholstered, new door & window seals and new speakers installed. Additionally the suspension was redone to make the car ride very tight; it rides on rails, like a go kart!
Overall, I've invested 15+k in this car. So why am I selling? I originally purchased the car with the purpose of rebuilding it for racing and autocross; that, and I'd always been a huge fan of the MkI Cabriolet. I never got around to racing the car (lost time/interest), and as we have no need for a second car for good or bad I'm be letting her go :(
DETAILS (email netarc-at-gmail.com for more)
- Golf Cabriolet Mk1 (A1) body style
- ABA 2.1L short block; ported/polished big valve GTI head; performance 266 camshaft; magged crank; new motor mounts
- New AFM, battery, distributor (<5k)
- 5-speed manual transmission (neuspeed short shift)
- Techtonics exhaust system w/dual downpipe, catback, catalytic converter, Borla performance muffler
- Clipper kit deleted & badges shaved
- drives fast & nimble yet smooth!
- stored in garage since purchase
- Clean title w/recent smog
Car in San Francisco; very clean, looks/drives great; custom paint; new tires/wheels; non-smoker; title in hand