The 2022 Acura RDX continues to stand out, offering an impressive array of standard and available features in a sporty compact luxury SUV that sizzles in every situation.
The RDX has a well-established reputation for reliability and strong resale. While its interior isn’t as fresh or cutting-edge as a Mercedes-Benz GLB, it’s still highly functional, attractive, and intuitive.
In typical Acura fashion, the RDX has its most desirable options bundled into two packages. New this year is limited-production PMC Edition. Limited to just 200 units, the PMC shares its Long Beach Blue Pearl paint and Orchid Milano leather interior color with the NSX Type S.
Front-wheel drive is the norm for the RDX, but Acura’s Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive (SH-AWD) is available and comes standard on the models with the Advance Package.
2022 Acura RDX ($39,300)
The most basic 2022 Acura RDX features a 272-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter engine employed across the RDX model range. A 10-speed automatic transmission with sequential paddle shifters is the only transmission choice.
The RDX has an Integrated Dynamics System that allows the driver to choose various modes regulating throttle input, steering feel, engine sound, and ambient lighting. Using a dial atop the center console, the driver can select four modes: Normal, Comfort, Sport, and Snow.
An impressive list of standard driver-assist features makes up the AcuraWatch suite. Included are forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, traffic sign recognition, lane-departure warning, and lane-keeping assist. Adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow is also included, as is a road-departure warning system.
Additional aids include automatic high-beam headlights, blind-spot monitor with Lane Change Assist, rear cross-traffic alert, rear seatbelt reminder, and multiview rear camera. The RDX comes with a tire-pressure monitoring system that includes a tire fill assist alert to notifies whoever’s airing up the tire they’ve reached the correct pressure.
Standard equipment for the RDX includes heated power side mirrors with reverse tilt/down, 19-inch alloy wheels, and a massive panoramic glass moonroof with tilt and slide ability. Up front, unique Jewel Eye LED headlights have an auto-on/off feature that activates whenever the wipers come on for more than a few cycles. LED lighting resides in the taillights, side-mirror integrated turn signals, and rear center high-mount stoplight. In a nod to convenience, the RDX allows remote open and closing of the windows and sunroof via the key fob.
A look inside the RDX’s cabin finds leatherette upholstered seating for five, 12-way power sport front seats with power lumbar support, heated front seats, and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat. The power windows have a one-touch up/down feature and auto-reverse when detecting something in the window’s path (like an arm or your dog’s head).
The thick-grip leather-wrapped tilt/telescoping steering wheel contains adaptive cruise control, audio, and Bluetooth buttons. At the same time, a push-button gear selector resides where one would typically find a shift lever. The RDX features a dual-zone automatic climate control system with air filtration and humidity sensor, white ambient cabin lighting, and keyless access with push-button start. With the key fob in hand, one need only touch the door handle to activate personalized settings for seat position, climate control, station presets, and exterior mirror position.
Some little touches that help separate a luxury SUV from a more pedestrian version include a frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror and retained power for the windows and sunroof, allowing operation after turning off the ignition but before opening the doors.
Finally, we come to the RDX’s entertainment system, which consists of a large 10.2-inch display operated either by voice activation or through a touchpad controller fitted in the center console. A premium 9-speaker audio system is standard, as are wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. Also onboard are SiriusXM and Amazon Alexa Built-in. Upgrades such as a Wi-Fi hotspot and AcuraLink connected services require a subscription-based fee.
Opting for the RDX SH-AWD adds another $2,200 to the bottom line.
With a $1,045 destination charge, the 2022 Acura RDX costs $40,345. If putting no money down, the monthly payment on a 60-month loan at 3% financing comes to $725. See 2022 Acura RDX models for sale
2022 Acura RDX Includes:
- 12-way power sport seats – Both driver and passenger enjoy multi-position power seats that are also heated and equipped with power lumbar support.
- Panoramic power moonroof – This enormous glass panel partially opens to let in more air or can be covered entirely with a power-operated sunshade.
- AcuraWatch – This complete suite of advanced driver assists takes the worry from distracted driving and bumper-to-bumper commutes.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Allows full integration of an Apple or Android smartphone without the need for wires or a USB port.
2022 Acura RDX with Technology Package ($41,950)
The Technology package adds a few more features to the standard RDX but doesn’t see any performance changes. When going with this trim, the RDX gains a different 19-inch wheel design, perforated Milano leather-trimmed sport seats, GPS-linked climate control, rear camera washer, and proximity key entry for the rear doors.
Also in the mix is a wireless charging pad, Acura/ELS premium audio with 12 speakers, navigation with 3D view, traffic rerouting, acoustic front glass, and front and rear parking sensors with low-speed automatic braking. This year, a new feature in the Technology Package is the IconicDrive ambient lighting system that allows the user to choose between 27 distinct lighting themes.
With destination, the 2022 Acura RDX with Technology Package will sell for $42,995. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, the monthly payment comes to $773, or about $50 more a month than the base RDX. See 2022 Acura RDX with Technology Package models for sale
2022 Acura RDX with Technology Package Includes:
- Leather upholstery – Trimmed in luxurious Milano leather, these seats look as good as they feel.
- GPS-linked climate control – The RDX’s GPS receiver tracks the sun’s position overhead, adjusting the climate controls to compensate for its impact on the interior temperature.
- IconicDrive – This 27-setting ambient lighting system allows you to custom-tailor the RDX’s interior light, with 24 of the settings inspired by the world’s greatest racetracks and destinations.
- Traffic rerouting – Monitors traffic conditions and closures, offering alternative route guidance via onboard navigation.
2022 Acura RDX with Advance Package ($49,300)
The RDX with the Advance Package includes all the Technology Package features plus SH-AWD as part of its standard equipment roster.
Also included in the Advance Package are adaptive damping shocks, head-up warning display, proper spare tire (FWD and A-Spec models get tire sealant and an inflator), surround-view camera, and unique 19-inch interwoven silver alloy wheels. Rain-sensing wipers come on when detecting rain, mist, or snow, while windshield wiper de-icers help keep ice from building up on the wiper blades. LED foglights improve short-range visibility in foul weather, while acoustic front glass helps quiet the cabin.
Significant upgrades with the Advance Package include heated and ventilated 16-way power front seats, head-up display, heated outboard rear seats, heated steering wheel, key-fob-activated remote start, and hands-free power rear liftgate. An advanced Acura/ELS 3D Premium audio system includes 16 speakers powered by a 710-watt amplifier.
Power-folding side mirrors, 12-volt cargo bay outlet, and authentic open-pore wood trim round out the list of features found in the Advance Package.
With destination, the 2022 Acura RDX with Advance Package will sell for $50,345. On a 60-month loan with zero down and 3% financing, expect the monthly payment to be $905. See 2022 Acura RDX with Advance Package models for sale
2022 Acura RDX with Advance Package Includes:
- 16-way power seats –Include heating and cooling systems for the last word in long-term comfort and support.
- Rain-sensing wipers – Automatically activate at the slightest hint of mist, rain, or snow.
- Adaptive damping shocks – Using sensors to detect road variations, these shocks can firm themselves for improved handling or soften over rough pavement for improved ride comfort.
- Heated steering wheel – An excellent way to avoid the shock of holding a cold steering wheel while the cabin waits to heat up.
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec ($47,150)
The A-Spec adds a sporty flair to the RDX platform and contains all the features found in the Technology Package plus additional performance upgrades.
The A-Spec brings 20-inch alloy wheels, unique A-Spec front and rear fascia, LED foglights, blacked-out grille, dual exhaust outlets, and gloss-black rear spoiler. The A-Spec’s heated and ventilated sport seats come in red or black, with Ultrasuede dash and door inserts featuring contrasting piping. It all goes nicely with the flat-bottom leather-wrapped A-Spec steering wheel, red A-Spec instrument lighting, sport pedals, and 16-speaker Acura/ELS 3D audio system.
With the $1,045 destination fee, you can expect to pay $48,195 for the RDX A-Spec. On a 60-month loan at 3% and zero down, the monthly payment works out to $866. See 2022 Acura RDX A-Spec models for sale
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec Includes:
- 20-inch alloy wheels – They look menacing and — because there is less tire sidewall — help improve cornering and traction.
- A-Spec styling – Includes darkened exterior trim, interior Ultrasuede inserts, and black headliner, among other cues.
- Acura/ELS 3D audio – Designed in conjunction with Panasonic and Grammy-winning music producer Elliot Schiener, this system ranks right up there with some of the best in-car audio systems.
- Heated and ventilated sport seats – Keep occupants comfortable in both summer and winter. With 16-way adjustability, just about anyone can find the perfect position.
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec Advance Package ($51,300)
This model simply adds the contents of the Advance Package available on the base RDX to the RDX A-Spec. SH-AWD is standard, with an Orchid leather interior option exclusive to this trim.
With $1,045 destination, the 2022 Acura RDX A-Spec with Advance Package costs $52,345. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and with zero down, you can expect a monthly payment of $941. See 2022 Acura RDX A-Spec with Advance Package models for sale