The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been redesigned for 2022. Since 1993, the Grand Cherokee has been a popular midsize SUV with an admirable balance of on-road comfort and off-road capability. It carries its reputation into its new generation with a new look, new technology, and of course, rugged off-road chops.
The Grand Cherokee model range has lots of variety with a well-equipped base trim, a rugged off-road model, high-end luxury trims, two available engines, and nice option packages available. We’ll dive into the most popular trims that present the most value to the widest range of buyers.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most popular trims of the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee and find the right model for you.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (starting at $37,390)
The base trim of the Jeep Grand Cherokee might seem a little expensive compared to other midsize 2-row SUVs like the Honda Passport and Chevrolet Blazer, but the price makes sense when you consider this Jeep’s impressive list of standard features.
The standard powertrain is a 3.6-liter V6 engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. 4-wheel drive is optional on the Laredo and Limited trims.
Inside the well-crafted interior, you’ll find creature comforts like dual-zone automatic climate control and advanced tech features like USB A and USB C ports in both rows, plus the Uconnect 5 infotainment system with an 8.4-inch touchscreen loaded with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. You’ll also be greeted with a customizable 10.25-inch digital gauge cluster.
Standard safety tech features in the Laredo trim include adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, rear parking sensors, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, and more.
There’s an Altitude package available, which is essentially an appearance package with gloss black accents for the Laredo trim. It also adds premium features like heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and wireless charging.
Adding the $1,795 destination fee to the Laredo trim brings the price to $39,185. Assuming a 60-month loan with no down payment and 3% interest, the monthly payment would be $704. See 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo models for sale
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo includes:
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay — This allows you to connect your phone to the Grand Cherokee’s infotainment system without taking it out of your purse or pocket.
- Adaptive cruise control — The Grand Cherokee automatically keeps a safe distance from the car in front of you while cruise control is on, making highway driving safer and more relaxed.
- Digital gauge cluster — This feature is pretty uncommon for a base trim in this class which helps to give the Grand Cherokee a decidedly high-tech vibe without losing its rugged edge.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (starting at $43,710)
The mid-range Limited model is in a sweet spot for many buyers. If you have a budget in the mid-$40k range, this SUV is hard to beat.
The Limited trim builds on the Laredo model by adding premium features like Capri leather seats, memory front seats, a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, remote start, an adjustable-height power liftgate, automatic high-beams, active noise cancellation, and more.
If you opt for 4-wheel drive on the Grand Cherokee Limited, you also get the Selec-Terrain system which adds five drive modes (Auto, Sport, Rock, Snow, Mud/Sand).
With the same assumptions above with a 60-month loan at 3% interest, a Grand Cherokee Limited would start at $818/month. See 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited models for sale
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited includes:
- Capri leather seats — The Limited model turns up the luxury with standard Capri leather seating. You also get heated seats in front and back.
- Available Selec-Terrain — You get five unique drive modes when adding 4-wheel drive to the Grand Cherokee Limited. Choose from Auto, Sport, Rock, Snow, or Mud/Sand to get the most out of your drive on-road and off.
- Active Noise Cancellation — The 6-speaker audio system in the Grand Cherokee Limited includes Active Noise Cancellation. This system keeps road and wind noise out of the cabin for a more serene ride, plus higher-quality audio from the sound system.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (starting at $51,275)
The Trailhawk trim is the most off-road-ready model in the Grand Cherokee lineup. Every Grand Cherokee with 4WD is a good off-roader, but the Trailhawk takes those capabilities to the next level.
The Trailhawk is available with the base V6 or the Hemi V8. You get the Quadra-Drive II 4WD system with a 2-speed transfer case with a low range and a limited-slip rear differential no matter which engine you choose.
Other off-road features include all-terrain tires, Selec-Speed Control, Quadra-Lift air suspension, sway bar disconnect, and a rugged appearance package with off-road functionality like skid plates, red tow hooks, and improved approach and departure angles for off-roading.
The Grand Cherokee Trailhawk had 11.3 inches of ground clearance and 24 inches of water fording capability. This is definitely the one to get if you want a practical, road-friendly SUV that’s proficient off-road with the style to match.
A V6-powered Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with a 60-month loan at 3% interest would give you a monthly payment of $954. See 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk models for sale
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk includes:
- Trailhawk appearance package — More than just rugged styling, the appearance package on the Trailhawk adds functional off-road upgrades like improved approach and departure angles and 11.3 inches of ground clearance.
- Quadra-Drive II — This capable 4WD system includes a 2-speed transfer case with low range and an electronic limited-slip rear differential.
- Selec-Speed Control — This is like low-speed cruise control for off-roading. Lock in the speed you want, and the Trailhawk does the rest.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (starting at $53,305)
The Overland trim is where the Jeep Grand Cherokee enters luxury SUV territory while containing rugged off-road features. It has an appearance package with a similar front fascia to the Trailhawk with tow hooks and round fog lights, but it also has a premium look with 20-inch polished aluminum wheels and tasteful chrome accents.
The V6 is standard, and a Hemi V8 is optional in the Overland model. It comes standard with the Quadra-Trac II 4WD system with a 2-speed transfer case and hill-descent control. An electronic limited-slip rear differential is available with the Off-Road Group package.
Luxury features of the Overland trim include a Quadra-Lift air suspension system, a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, a hands-free power liftgate, LED accent lighting, rain-sensing wipers, perforated Nappa leather seats, and navigation.
A Grand Cherokee Overland with a 60-month loan at 3% interest with no down payment would have a monthly payment of $990. See 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland models for sale
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland includes:
- Quadra-Lift suspension — The Quadra-Lift air suspension system improves on-road comfort with a lower, more aerodynamic stance and off-road capability with taller ground clearance.
- Nappa leather seats — This is high-quality leather that you might be surprised to find in a Jeep.
- CommandView sunroof — This massive dual-pane sunroof makes the interior feel more airy and open with a great view of whatever is above you.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit (starting at $57,365)
The Summit trim further builds on the luxurious persona of the Overland trim. Like Overland, the Summit trim has a standard V6 and an optional V8. The standard Quadra-Drive II 4WD system has a 2-speed transfer case and a limited-slip rear differential.
Summit has a unique appearance package with platinum chrome trim, 20-inch wheels, LED fog lights, and illuminated door sills.
Standard luxury features in the Grand Cherokee Summit include 4-zone climate control, Nappa leather seats with quilted bolsters, oak interior trim, massaging front seats (for the first time in a Grand Cherokee), and a second-row floor console with illuminated cupholders.
Additional tech features that come standard in the Summit model include a 10.1-inch infotainment system, an Active Driving Assist system, drowsy driver detection, intersection collision assist, traffic sign recognition, and a 360-degree camera. Parallel and perpendicular park assist does the steering for you while parking while you work the pedals.
An available Summit Reserve package makes the Grand Cherokee a serious competitor to more expensive luxury SUVs from brands like Land Rover. It adds Palermo leather seats, a 19-speaker McIntosh premium audio system, 21-inch polished aluminum wheels, heated and ventilated front and rear seats, open-pore waxed walnut wood trim, and more.
A 60-month loan with 3% interest on a Grand Cherokee Summit would result in a $1,063 monthly payment. See 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit models for sale
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit includes:
- Massaging seats — For the first time, you can get massaging front seats in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, putting it on a new level of luxury.
- Active Driving Assist — The Active Driving Assist system combines features like adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, and traffic sign recognition to make highway driving a breeze.
- 10.1-inch infotainment system — This big, beautiful screen loaded with features like navigation and wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is customizable to show you everything you want to see and nothing you don’t.