The Toyota Prius Prime is the plug-in alternative to the regular Toyota Prius, which is a conventional hybrid. The big difference is that the Prius Prime is able to run on electricity alone. With a fully charged battery, this plug-in hybrid has an EPA-estimated 25-mile all-electric range. After that, a gas engine kicks in, giving the car a total driving range of 640 miles with a full battery and a full tank of gas.
A simple model range of three trims makes the Prius Prime a pretty easy car to shop for. There’s a base LE model, a mid-range XLE, and a loaded Limited trim. Let’s take a closer look at what you get with each trim and find the right one for you. Find a 2022 Toyota Prius Prime for sale
2022 Toyota Prius Prime LE (starting at $28,220)
The LE trim of the Prius Prime is actually pretty well-equipped for just being the base model. Like most of the Toyota lineup, it’s very generous with standard safety tech. In this case, you get the Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 system, which includes automatic emergency braking, full-speed adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, automatic high-beams, road sign assist, and lane-tracing assist.
A few other nice creature comforts and tech features include 60/40 split-folding back seats, LED headlights, and a “smart-flow” climate control system that only heats or cools occupied seats for better efficiency. The standard infotainment system is a 7-inch unit with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Amazon Alexa. Find a 2022 Toyota Prius Prime LE for sale
2022 Toyota Prius Prime LE includes:
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 – This is an industry-leading safety tech suite with driver assistance features like automatic emergency braking, full-speed adaptive cruise control, road sign assist, and more.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay – These smartphone connectivity features are a must for anyone who uses their phone for music, podcasts, and navigation.
- Smart-Flow climate control – This clever system helps improve efficiency by only directing heating and cooling to seats that are occupied.
2022 Toyota Prius Prime XLE (starting at $30,000)
The Prius Prime gets a little nicer and more high-tech with the mid-range XLE trim. Driver and passenger comfort is improved with SofTex-trimmed seats, which are heated in front. You’re also treated to an upgraded 11.6-inch infotainment system with added features including HD radio and Siri Eyes Free. Another nice added tech feature is a wireless charging pad. This is a convenient feature if it’s compatible with your phone. Find a 2022 Toyota Prius Prime XLE for sale
2022 Toyota Prius Prime XLE includes:
- 11.6-inch screen – On top of a bigger screen, this upgraded infotainment system adds more features like HD Radio and Siri Eyes Free.
- Wireless charging – A wireless charging pad means no more fussing with cords to charge your device.
- SofTex seats – SofTex is Toyota’s synthetic leather material that’s durable and comfortable but doesn’t get as hot in the sun as real leather. It’s also a more environmentally friendly alternative to leather.
2022 Toyota Prius Prime Limited (starting at $34,000)
This humble plug-in hybrid hatchback nears luxury territory when you upgrade to the range-topping Limited model. More tech features are the main draw of this trim. You get a color head-up display, LED fog lights and accent lights, and more safety tech, including blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, parking sensors, and a parking-assist system that automatically controls the steering wheel while you work the pedals while parallel parking.
Other luxuries include heated steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, universal garage door opener, and JBL premium audio system. These are some pretty nice features for a plug-in hybrid with a starting MSRP under the $35,000 mark. Find a 2022 Toyota Prius Prime Limited for sale
2022 Toyota Prius Prime Limited includes:
- Intelligent Parking Assist – You manage the pedals, and the car takes care of the steering while parallel parking with this parking assist system.
- Color Head-Up Display – This HUD puts important information right in front of the driver in a nice color display. This is a feature often found in more expensive luxury cars.
- Heated steering wheel – Getting in your car on a cold morning becomes much more bearable with a heated steering wheel.
- JBL premium audio – The JBL audio system that comes standard in the Prius Prime Limited helps your music come to life for the driver and all of the passengers to enjoy.