The 2022 Audi A6 is the tweener in the Audi sedan lineup, slightly bigger and more luxurious than the A4, but not as massive or expensive as the A8. Like the other cars in the Audi lineup, the A6 offers three trims: Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige.
The Premium and Premium Plus offer a choice of two engines, while the Prestige comes standard with the more powerful of the two. To help consumers know the difference, Audi assigns a numeric after the A6 name: 45 designates the 261-horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder, and 55 for the 335-horsepower 3.0-liter turbo V6. Regardless of engine choice, every A6 includes a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and quattro all-wheel drive.
Also in the A6 wheelhouse is a high-performance variant offering much of the same standard and optional equipment, but with a bigger engine and performance suspension. The S6 comes standard with a 444-horsepower turbocharged 6-cylinder engine capable of moving it to 60 mph in just 4.4 seconds.
There is also a wagon variant in the Audi Sport family called the RS 6 Avant. It features a 591-horsepower twin-turbocharged V8 with a 0 to 60-mph time of 3.5 seconds and a price tag starting around $110,000.
2022 Audi A6 Premium (Starting at $55,400)
Given its higher price tag and roomier rear seat, the A6 brings more optional equipment than the smaller A4, yet the two mirror each other when it comes to the basics.
As one might expect, the 2022 Audi A6 comes with an 8-way power driver’s seat with 4-way power lumbar, cruise control, a 40/20/40 split-folding rear seat with pass-through, Bluetooth, and leather upholstery.
Moving to the A6’s exterior, we find 19-inch alloy wheels surrounding all-season tires, auto-dimming and heated power-retractable side mirrors, and the Black Optic kit that brings black grille and exterior trim. Also standard are LED headlights and taillights with dynamic turn signals. Heat-insulating side glass helps keep the cabin cool, and a power trunk lid release makes it easy to load groceries or luggage.
The A6’s cabin is awash in luxury features, starting with a large panoramic glass sunroof with a power sunshade. The A6’s front seats are heated and its cabin temperature regulated by a 3-zone automatic climate control system. The auto-dimming rearview mirror includes a built-in garage door opener and toll transponder (subscription required), and the power-adjustable steering wheel tilts and telescopes.
The A6’s infotainment system features a new 10.1-inch display with a faster response time, supporting wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto integration. The screen also plays host to the standard MMI navigation system as well as the rearview camera.
An ambient interior light package allows for personalization of interior color and intensity, while Audi Drive Select allows customization of the throttle, steering response, and shock settings. Rear seat passengers enjoy air vents and USB ports built into the back of the center console.
Newly standard this year is Audi’s Virtual Cockpit, which replaces traditional gauges with a 12.3-inch LCD screen. The display can simulate an analog speedometer and tachometer or shrink both down in size to make room for the 3D Google Earth navigation display. The screen also features three modes: Classic, Sport, and Infotainment.
On the safety front, the 2022 Audi A6 has a full complement of airbags, including driver and front passenger knee airbags and rear-seat side airbags. Standard driver assists include auto high beams, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane-departure warning, Audi pre-safe basic collision preparation, plus front and rear parking sensors.
Optional packages include the Black Optic Sport package that adds 20-inch wheels and 20mm suspension drop. The Convenience package brings a wireless charge pad, heated steering wheel, blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, and a 360-degree Top View camera.
With the $1,045 destination charge, a 2022 Audi A6 Premium sells for $56,445. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing, the monthly payment comes to $1,014. Find a 2022 Audi A6 Premium for sale
2022 Audi A6 Premium includes:
- Virtual Cockpit – Provides a brilliant digital simulation of traditional analog gauges and includes three modes: Classic, Sport, and Infotainment.
- Advanced Key – Proximity key fob allows unlocking the car simply by touching the door handle. Once inside, a press of a button is all it takes to start the vehicle.
- Audi pre-safe basic – This system anticipates when a collision is imminent and prepares the passengers by tightening the seat belts, closing the windows, and closing the sunroof.
- MMI navigation – Allows for voice programming or manual input via handwriting on the lower climate control screen. Just two fingers are all that is needed to zoom in or out or move the map.
2022 Audi A6 Premium Plus ($59,300)
The Premium Plus brings a few more standard features to the A6, but more importantly, opens the door to better option packages.
Most notable in the Premium Plus package is adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam Assist and Turn assist. A blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert and Audi pre-sense rear is also standard, as is a wireless smartphone charge pad and Matrix LED headlights with built-in washers. A Top View camera and heated steering wheel round out the upgrades.
Audio fans will want the Premium Plus for its Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system blasting through 16 strategically placed speakers.
The Premium Plus also gets larger 20-inch wheels.
Optional on the Premium Plus is the Sport package that adds unique 20-inch wheels and a sport suspension with a 20mm lower ride height. The Executive package adds 4-zone automatic climate control, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, 4-way power lumbar for the front passenger seat, multi-color LED interior lighting, and a power-operated trunk lid.
With destination, the 2022 Audi A6 Premium Plus sells for $60,345. If we use the same loan terms as the A6 Premium, the payment increases to $1,085, or roughly $70 more a month. Find a 2022 Audi A6 Premium Plus for sale
2022 Audi A6 Premium Plus includes:
- Adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam Assist – Allows the A6 to maintain a safe distance from the traffic ahead. The system can slow and even stop the vehicle, then resume following, making it perfect for stop-and-go traffic situations.
- Top View camera – This 360-degree camera gives a complete picture of the surrounding area. The camera can also show a 3D image of the A6.
- Wireless charge pad – Allows for charging of compatible device without the need for wires or a USB charge port.
- Blind-spot monitor – Alerts the driver to vehicles in or approaching the A6’s left or right blind spot. Rear cross-traffic alert acts in the same way, only it alerts when a car is about the pass behind the A6 when in reverse.
2022 Audi A6 Prestige ($69,500)
At the top of the A6 pecking order is the opulent A6 Prestige trim. It includes all the Premium Plus’ Executive package features plus a head-up display, ventilated 12-way power-adjustable front seats, power soft-close doors, intersection assist with traffic sign recognition, and a power rear sunshade accompanied by manual rear side window shades.
The Prestige comes standard with the more powerful 3.0-liter turbocharged engine.
Options for the Prestige include the Black Optic Sport package and the Luxury package that adds Valcona/Milano leather seats, full leather covering the dash, armrest, and center console, plus individual contour massaging front seats and passenger seat memory.
With destination, a 2022 Audi A6 Prestige with no options sells for $70,545, which gives it a monthly payment of $1,268, or $183 more each month over the Premium Plus. Find a 2022 Audi A6 Prestige for sale
2022 Audi A6 Prestige includes:
- Head-up display – Projects essential information such as speed and navigation directions onto the windshield, allowing the driver to keep their eyes on the road.
- Power rear sunshade – Operates with the touch of a button, covering the back window to keep out the hot sun, but is perforated to allow an unobstructed view.
- Multi-color LED ambient lighting – Releases the artist in all of us, allowing for customization of light strips running across the dash, doors, and center console.
- Available massaging front seats – These multi-contour front seats feature massaging elements to help keep fatigue to a minimum.