Returning with an all-new CT4-V Blackwing performance grade, the 2022 Cadillac CT4 anchors the brand’s sedan lineup.
Beyond Cadillac offering the Super Cruise driver-assistance package on a couple of CT4 grades, there isn’t much new going on with this compact sedan.
Not until you reach the top-end Blackwing do things really begin percolating. It occupies a space all its own within the CT4 family.
We like the CT4 for its blend of comfort and handling. Also in our plus column is its tidy size outside, but roomy cabin inside.
Cadillac offers the CT4 in five grades: Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, CT4-V, and CT4-V Blackwing.
For 2022, Cadillac includes Super Cruise among the option packages for the Premium Luxury and Sport grades.
Super Cruise is a semi-autonomous system assisting the driver to steer, brake, and accelerate the vehicle. With Lane Change On Demand, it can even change lanes on its own under specific conditions.
Power and Fuel Economy
Standard propulsion in the lower three trims is a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters are standard across the board.
Available on the Premium Luxury grade is a 2.7-liter dual volute turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. It delivers power to the wheels via a 10-speed automatic transmission.
Standard in the CT4-V is a performance-tuned version of the 2.7L engine, producing more horsepower and torque. It also employs the 10-speed to hustle thrust to the wheels.
Rear-wheel drive (RWD) is standard, but Cadillac makes all-wheel drive (AWD) available on all trim levels, except for the CT4-V Blackwing.
RWD versions with the 2.0L turbo have government-estimated fuel-economy numbers of 23 miles per gallon in city driving, 34 mpg on the highway, and 27 mpg in combined driving. Opting for AWD drops those estimates to 23 mpg/32 mpg/26 mpg.
Further reducing mileage, the 2.7L turbo RWD posts 21/29/24. With AWD, it’s 21/29/24.
With the CT4-V’s souped-up 2.7L, the RWD version estimates are 20/29/23, while the AWD examples post 20/28/23.
The CT4-V Blackwing performance and fuel economy appear below.
2022 Cadillac CT4 Luxury (Starting at $34,840 estimated)
The CT4 Luxury gateway grade includes 17-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry with push-button start, and power heated outboard mirrors with integrated turn signals.
Also standard are remote start, OnStar connected-services capability, and Wi-Fi hotspot.
The solitary standard driver aid is forward-collision warning with auto emergency braking. Picking up adaptive cruise control and reverse automatic braking will set you back $1,000 for the Driver Assist Package.
Opting for AWD will tack $2,600 to the bottom line.
Adding the $1,195 destination fee to the Luxury base price equals $36,035. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $648 per month. See 2022 Cadillac CT4 Luxury models for sale
2022 Cadillac CT4 Luxury Includes:
- LED headlights/taillights – LEDs illuminate a wider and longer area than regular incandescent lights. That means they’re also easier for other drivers to see.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Wireless allows these smartphone features to interface with your vehicle without connecting cables.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control – A set-it-and-forget-it system, it divides the vehicle into left and right regions and provides separate temperature settings for each region. Once set, it automatically maintains the preset temperatures.
2022 Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury (Starting at $38,540 Estimated)
The Premium Luxury adds 18-inch alloy wheels, auto-on/off headlights, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and driver’s outboard mirror to the Luxury content.
Also included are rain-sensing wipers and rear-park assist.
Adding AWD will increase the total by $3,200. Popping for the 2.7L turbo adds another $3,400.
Cadillac also offers the Driver Assist Package and the Driver Awareness Plus Package.
A Navigation and Bose Premium Audio Package ($1,400) adds a navigation system, wireless phone charging, and a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system.
Also available is the Super Cruise Package ($3,100).
Adding the $1,195 destination fee to the Premium Luxury base price brings the total to $39,735. With no money down for 60 months at 3% interest, financing costs $714 per month. See 2022 Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury models for sale
2022 Cadillac CT4 Premium Luxury Includes:
- Auto on-off headlights – Photosensors detect a reduction in daylight, which automatically engages the headlights and taillights. The system extinguishes the lights when an appropriate amount of daylight returns.
- Rain-sensing wipers – When the system senses moisture on the windshield, it automatically engages the wipers; wiper speed adjusts according to the volume of the rain.
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror – Using photosensors, it recognizes bright headlights closing from behind and automatically dims the reflection of those lights. Both the inside rearview mirror and the driver-side outboard mirror are auto-dimming.
2022 Cadillac CT4 Sport (Starting at $40,140 Estimated)
The Sport adds run-flat tires, rear spoiler, alloy sport pedals, and leather-wrapped thick-rim steering wheel to the Premium Luxury content.
Also included are 14-way power front seats with power-adjustable seatback bolsters.
Opting for AWD adds $2,600 to the cost.
Sport offers all the option packages listed above, but the Driver Assist Package is $900.
Sport also qualifies for the Super Cruise Package.
Adding the $1,195 destination fee to the Sport base price totals $41,335. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $743 per month. See 2022 Cadillac CT4 Sport models for sale
2022 Cadillac CT4 Sport Includes:
- Run-flat tires – With reinforced sidewalls, these tires can be driven for a limited number of miles at reduced speed after being punctured.
- Alloy sport pedals – Usually perforated, these metal pedals are more for show than anything else. They add a bit of extra sporty flair.
- 14-way power front seats – With power bolsters that can be adjusted with the push of a button to increase or decrease the seat’s lower side support, these seats also feature lumbar adjustments.
2022 Cadillac CT4-V (Starting at $46,340 Estimated)
Building on the Sport’s features, the CT4-V adds the performance-tuned 2.7L turbo, Brembo front brakes, launch control, magnetic ride control, and performance suspension.
Also included are 14-speaker Bose audio package and wireless phone charger.
The CT4-V offers all the option packages listed for Sport.
Adding the $1,195 destination fee to the CT4-V base price brings the total to $47,535. With no money down for 60 months at 3% interest, financing works out to $854 per month. See 2022 Cadillac CT4-V models for sale
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (Starting at $59,990)
Powering the Blackwing is a 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces 472 horsepower and 445 lb-ft of torque.
A 6-speed manual with Active Rev Matching directs engine output to the rear wheels.
Opting for the 10-speed automatic will add $3,175 to the purchase price.
Government estimates put the fuel economy with the 6-speed at 15 mpg city, 23 mpg highway, and 18 mpg combined. Going with the 10-speed boosts all three of those numbers by 1 mpg.
Building on the CT4-V, the Blackwing adds Brembo high-performance brakes at each corner, LED front-cornering lamps, and 15-speaker AKG audio system.
Also included is a power tilt-telescopic heated steering wheel.
Among the driver aids is high-beam assist, blind-spot monitoring, front-rear park assist, and lane-keeping assist.
Finally, it includes a free driving course at the Cadillac V-Performance Academy.
The Driver Assist Package is available for $900; there is also a $600 Climate Package with massaging, ventilated front seats.
Adding the $1,125 destination fee to the CT4-V Blackwing base price brings the total to $61,185. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $1,099 per month. See 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing models for sale
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Includes:
- Twin-turbo V6 – Punching out 474 hp, this V6 (when mated to the 10-speed automatic transmission) hits 60 mph from a full stop in 3.9 seconds.
- 6-speed manual transmission – This manual tranny features automatic rev-matching, which raises the engine’s speed when it senses the driver shifting to a lower gear.
- Brembo brakes – Located in front are all-aluminum, 6-piston calipers grabbing 15-inch rotors. In the back, it’s 4-piston grabbers and 13.4-inch rotors.