The Genesis luxury brand has finally gotten into the premium SUV game. After a few years with a strong roster of luxury sedans, Genesis now has the midsize GV80 on the market and the compact GV70, which is all-new for the 2022 model year. Like all Genesis models so far, the GV70 is shaping up to be super competitive with more expensive competitors in this class from European luxury brands.
Let’s take a look at the many configurations of the all-new 2022 Genesis GV70 and see which one is right for you.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Standard (starting at $41,000)
The base trim of the all-new GV70 is packed with value. It’s the least premium feeling of the bunch as one of the only trims that don’t have leather seats, but it’s chock-full of modern safety and infotainment tech features plus standard all-wheel drive and pretty exciting performance.
There’s a lot to cover here and we’ll start with the nuts and bolts. Under the hood of every GV70 with “2.5T” in the name is a 2.5-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine making 300 horsepower and 311 lb-ft of torque. That’s not bad at all for a luxury SUV at this price point. Also, all-wheel drive comes standard on every model. Power is delivered via an 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Moving on to the interior, you’ll find some pretty advanced driver assistance and infotainment tech features that you might be surprised to see in the base trim. There’s a 14.5-inch infotainment system and Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and an onboard navigation system. You also get 9-speaker audio and an 8-inch digital cluster flanked by analog gauges in the dashboard. Dual USB ports in the first and second row also come standard.
As for safety tech; full-speed adaptive cruise control, forward collision avoidance assist, lane-keep assist, highway driving assist, driver attention warning, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot monitoring, and rear parking sensors all come standard.
The leatherette seating surfaces are nice, but you’ll need to upgrade to at least the GV70 2.5T Advanced if you want leather seats.
Adding the $1,045 destination fee brings the starting price of the GV70 to $42,045. With financing at 3% for 60 months with a $0 down payment and no trade-in, the monthly payment on a GV70 2.5T Standard would be $755. Obviously, that number can go much lower if you have a trade-in and you’re planning on making a substantial down payment. Use our car loan payment calculator for a more accurate estimate of what your monthly payment might look like.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Standard Includes:
- All-wheel drive – This is usually a costly option on SUVs in this class, but every 2022 Genesis GV70 comes standard with all-wheel drive. This provides confidence-inspiring traction when the roads get nasty.
- Highway Driving Assist – The Highway Driving Assist system combines tech features like adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assist with GPS data to deliver a semi-autonomous driving experience. It still requires you to keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel, but it makes highway driving nearly effortless.
- Hands-free power liftgate – If your hands are full of groceries or luggage and you need to open or close the liftgate, the GV70 makes it easy with a standard hands-free power liftgate.
- 14.5-inch infotainment system with navigation – This is one of the biggest standard infotainment systems in its class, giving the interior a high-tech feel. It’s also uncommon to find onboard navigation on the base model of a compact luxury SUV.
- Wireless charging – With wireless charging becoming a more common feature on smartphones, it’s becoming a must-have in your car. No more messing around with wires to charge your phone while driving.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Select (starting at $45,000)
Upgrading to the Select trim adds a few extra niceties to the already well-equipped Genesis GV70. For the exterior, you get 19-inch alloy wheels, panoramic moonroof, and power-folding mirrors with logo lamps. On the inside, you get aluminum trim, ventilated front seats, memory driver’s seat, power tilt-and-telescoping steering column, and Lexicon 16-speaker audio. The Select model makes the GV70 a little nicer and more comfortable at a modest price bump.
With the same assumptions listed above, the monthly payment for a GV70 2.5T Select would be $827.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Select Includes:
- Panoramic roof – The panoramic roof opens up this SUV with a better view for everyone inside. It creates a more airy cabin, especially when it’s open.
- Ventilated front seats – If your car spends a lot of time sitting in a hot parking lot, ventilated seats are a game-changer. If you live in an especially hot climate, this makes the Select trim worth serious consideration.
- Lexicon 16-speaker premium audio – The 9-speaker audio in the base GV70 is good, but it gets way better when you upgrade to the Lexicon 16-speaker system. You’ll hear your music like you never have before with this well-engineered sound system.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Advanced (starting at $49,150)
The Advanced trim pushes the GV70 into the next level of luxury by adding leather seats, rear sunshades, heated steering wheel, and fancy tech like Remote Smart Parking Assist. This system allows you to actually enter and exit a parking spot remotely from your smartphone – without even being inside the car. This is an extremely useful feature if you find yourself in tightly crowded parking lots regularly.
Other features of the Advanced trim include ambient interior lighting, 360-degree camera, blind-spot camera, front parking sensors, and rear automatic emergency braking.
The monthly payment for the GV70 2.5T Advanced would be $902 with the parameters described above.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Advanced Includes:
- Leather seats – Some luxury car shoppers insist on leather seats and we don’t blame them. Leather upholstery gives the GV70 a more premium look and feel.
- Rear side sunshades – If you’re going to have back-seat passengers often, they will appreciate the sliding sunshades in the windows of the rear doors. This is especially nice if you’re going to have a baby back there.
- Heated steering wheel – Heated seats are great, but they don’t do anything for your hands on a cold day. That’s where the heated steering wheel comes in, so your gloves don’t have to do all the work.
- Remote Smart Parking Assist – Squeeze in and out of tight spots effortlessly with Remote Smart Parking Assist. Slide in and out of that cramped spot using your smartphone without worrying about door dings.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Sport Prestige (starting at $52,750)
The Sport Prestige trim is exactly what it sounds like: sporty and prestigious. You get a sporty appearance package with special 21-inch wheels plus leather seating with mesh inserts, leatherette upper instrument and door panels, aluminum pedals, aluminum interior trim with a carbon fiber appearance, an Ergo Motion seat with power bolsters and cushion extension on the driver’s seat, digital key, Highway Driving Assist 2 with navigation-based smart cruise control, auto curve slowdown, pre-safety belt, and evasive steering assist.
All of these premium features come together to make a compact luxury SUV that’s oriented toward both performance and luxury with little compromise. The monthly payment at 3% financing and no down payment would be $967.
2022 Genesis GV70 2.5T Sport Prestige Includes:
- Sport appearance package — Special wheels, exhaust finishers, and fascias tweak the look of the stylish GV70 to display the attitude of a high-performance luxury SUV.
- Leather seating with mesh insert — Mesh inserts in the leather seats further add to the sporty nature of the GV70 while remaining very comfortable.
- Ergo Motion seat — The Ergo Motion massaging driver’s seat provides what Genesis calls Comfort Stretch, Smart Posture Assist, and Smart Support. This improves comfort and reduces fatigue on long trips.
- Highway Driving Assist 2 — This is an advanced semi-autonomous driving system that uses the navigation system of the GV70 to know when to slow down in curves and even tighten seat belts if it anticipates a potential accident.
2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Standard (starting at $52,600)
The GV70 3.5T Standard is the entry level into the outstanding twin-turbo V6 engine that’s under the hood of every GV70 with “3.5T” in the name. This engine also sees duty in performance cars like the Kia Stinger GT and it’s available in other Genesis models. In the GV70, it produces 375 horsepower and 391 lb-ft of torque.
On top of the engine upgrade, the 3.5T Standard comes with many features you don’t find on the 2.5T Standard. These include some of the features of the 2.5T Sport Prestige like leather seats with mesh inserts, sport appearance package, and Highway Driving Assist 2. You also get a panoramic roof, upgraded suspension and brakes, 19-inch alloy wheels, aluminum interior trim, ventilated front seats, and more.
The 3.5T Standard model with the metrics we’ve been using would have a monthly payment of $964.
2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Standard Includes:
- 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 engine – The twin-turbo V6 in the 3.5T models of the GV70 offers a pretty significant boost in performance over the base engine. If performance is a priority for you, this is a must.
- Sport appearance package – All 3.5T models have a sport appearance package to match the thrilling engine under the hood, along with the upgraded brakes and suspension compared to the 2.5T models.
- Panoramic roof – A panoramic roof gives the interior of the GV70 a more upscale feel and it’s fun to open up on nice, sunny days.
- Highway Driving Assist 2 – The Highway Driving Assist 2 semi-autonomous driving system makes highway cruising nearly effortless, but you still need your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.
- Leather seating with mesh insert – These seats do a nice job conveying the personality of the GV70 3.5T as a premium SUV that’s both luxurious and sporty.
2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Sport Advanced (starting at $57,600)
As its name implies, the GV70 3.5T Sport Advanced adds some nice extras over the Standard model. This mostly consists of some more premium interior materials and more tech features.
You get Nappa leather seating with a distinct quilting pattern, layered edge backlit trim, leatherette upper instrument, and door panels, suede headliner, heated steering wheel, digital key, 360-degree monitor, blind-spot camera, Remote Smart Parking Assist, front parking sensors, reverse automatic emergency braking, and Lexicon 16-speaker premium audio.
With 3% financing over 60 months and no downpayment or trade-in, you can expect a monthly payment of $1,054.
2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Sport Advanced Includes:
- Nappa leather seating with sport pattern quilting – These special seats are made from top-notch materials and have a special quilting pattern in the stitching that shows the attention to detail that went into designing this premium interior.
- Suede headliner – A suede headliner is always a sure way to make a car or SUV feel even more luxurious. The suede headliner in this GV70 makes you feel like you’re in a more expensive crossover.
- Heated steering wheel – If you live in a cold climate, you know how unpleasant it can be to grab a steering wheel that’s been sitting in a cold garage overnight. The heated steering wheel makes your drive more enjoyable, and isn’t that the point of a luxury car?
- Remote Smart Parking Assist – Few competitors offer a feature like Remote Smart Parking Assist. This allows you to squeeze in and out of tight parking spots just using your smartphone without even being inside the car.
- Lexicon 16-speaker premium audio – When you’re not enjoying the sound of the stellar twin-turbo V6 in front of you, you can turn up the Lexicon premium audio system, which sounds great from every seat in the GV70.
2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Sport Prestige (starting at $62,500)
At the very top of the GV70 line is the 3.5T Sport Prestige model. This is the best of the best in the model range of this outstanding compact luxury SUV. It’s a true performance luxury SUV that’s loaded with performance, technology, and luxury features that few can match at this price point.
Feature content is similar to the GV70 2.5T Sport Prestige, but with the engine upgrade plus an electronic limited-slip differential. You also get 21-inch alloy wheels, Nappa leather seats with suede inserts, carbon-fiber interior trim, heated back seats, rear side sunshades, 3-zone climate control, 12.3-inch 3D digital cluster, and head-up display.
Being the top trim, the GV70 is a little pricey, but still arguably a strong value compared to rivals with similar equipment and performance. You can expect a monthly payment of around $1,142.
2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Sport Prestige Includes:
- Electronic limited-slip differential – This SUV makes a lot of power and torque. That’s more effectively delivered to all four wheels thanks to an electronic limited-slip differential helping to ensure that all of that power makes it to the road with limited interruption.
- Nappa leather seating with suede inserts – With Nappa leather and suede inserts, these are the nicest and sportiest seats you can get in a GV70.
- Carbon-fiber trim – Carbon-fiber interior trim helps add a sportier look and feel to the interior.
- Heated 2nd-row seats – Back-seat passengers will appreciate the heated rear outboard seats on cold days.
- Head-up display – Whether you’re highway cruising or doing some more spirited driving, a HUD is helpful for keeping your eyes on the road with limited distractions.