Having received a makeover last year, the 2022 Honda Accord slips into this year basically unchanged.
There is much to like about the Accord. It just keeps on keeping on because it offers quality, choice, reliability, comfort, and loads of technology. Moreover, its resale value is rock solid.
Honda separates Accord into five grades: LX, Sport, Sport Special Edition, EX-L, and Touring.
You can arm the Accord with a choice of two 4-cylinder engines. Honda produces a hybrid version, as well. We detail the hybrid separately.
Standard in all but the Touring grade is a 192-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. It pairs with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) to spin the front wheels.
Government-estimated fuel economy is 30 mpg in the city, 38 mpg on the highway, and 33 mpg in combined driving.
Optional ($4,530) in Sport and standard in Touring is a 252-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The estimated mileage is 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway/26 mpg combined.
2022 Honda Accord LX (starting at $25,470)
Even the base LX is nicely equipped. It comes with 17-inch alloy wheels, auto-on-off LED headlights, LED brake lights, high-beam assist, and a capless fuel filler.
Also included are dual-zone automatic climate control, a tilt-telescopic steering wheel, remote keyless entry, and push-button start.
Every Accord comes with Honda Sensing safety and driver aids. They include forward-collision warning with automatic emergency braking, lane-departure warning, and lane-keeping assist with steering. Traffic-sign recognition and adaptive cruise control are also standard.
A handful of appearance packages are all that’s available because Honda doesn’t really offer any factory-installed options.
Adding the $1,015 destination fee to the LX base price brings the total to $26,485. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $476 per month. See 2022 Honda Accord LX models for sale
2022 Honda Accord LX includes:
- LED headlights – LEDs illuminate a wider and longer area than regular incandescent lights. That means they are also easier for other drivers to see. They also feature auto on and off.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Allows your smartphone to interface with your vehicle. Not only can you access the music on your phone, but you can also send messages, receive messages, make calls, and so forth through your vehicle’s 8-inch touchscreen.
- Honda Sensing – A fairly comprehensive suite of driver aids, this group includes forward-collision warning with emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control.
2022 Honda Accord Sport (starting at $27,930)
If we were shopping for an Accord, we’d go with the Sport trim, laying out the extra $4,500 for the engine upgrade. It also comes with the 10-speed automatic transmission and several additional standard features noted below.
Building on LX, Sport adds 19-inch alloy wheels, SMS text messaging, an 8-speaker audio system, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and sport pedals.
LED fog lights and a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat are also standard.
If you pony up the $4,530 for the 2.0L engine, you also get wireless Apple CarPlay, wireless Android Auto, heated front seats, and a power moonroof. Blind-spot monitoring and wireless phone charging are also included.
Adding the $1,015 destination fee to the Sport base price totals $28,945. Financing with no money down for 60 months at 3% interest works out to a monthly payment of $520. See 2022 Honda Accord Sport models for sale
2022 Honda Accord Sport includes:
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat – It provides 12-way adjustment.
- SMS test messaging – Receive and send short text messages without touching your phone.
- Sport pedals – Drilled aluminum, these pedals also provide rubber inserts for better grip.
2022 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition (starting at $29,420)
This trim adds heated front leather-trimmed seats, a rear-seat reminder, more USB ports, a leather-wrapped shift knob, and a 4-way power-adjustable passenger seat.
Keyless entry is also standard.
Adding the $1,015 destination fee to the Sport Special Edition base price equals $30,435. Financing with no money down for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $547 per month. See 2022 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition models for sale
2022 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition includes:
- Rear-seat reminder – When you put anything on the rear seat — from a child to a bag of groceries — the rear-seat reminder alerts you before exiting the car.
- Power-adjustable passenger seat – This provides 4-way power adjustment.
- Keyless entry – If the key fob is on your person, the doors automatically unlock when you touch the door handle.
2022 Honda Accord EX-L (starting at $31,790)
EX-L adds 17-inch alloy wheels, wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless Android Auto, a power moonroof, and a wireless phone charger.
Also included are blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, satellite-radio capability, HD Radio, and a universal garage remote.
An auto-dimming rearview mirror, a 10-speaker 450-watt audio system, and front-rear parking assist are standard, as well.
Adding the $1,015 destination fee to the EX-L base price brings the total to $32,805. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to a monthly payment of $589. See 2022 Honda Accord EX-L models for sale
2022 Honda Accord EX-L includes:
- Blind-spot monitoring – This radar-based system warns of traffic approaching your flanks. It also includes rear cross-traffic alert to warn of vehicles crossing behind you when in reverse.
- Wireless smartphone charging – You can charge any Qi-compatible smartphone without using a cable.
- Parking assist – Sensors on the front and rear bumpers detect when an object is close, triggering a warning.
2022 Honda Accord Touring (starting at $37,400)
The 2.0L engine and 10-speed automatic transmission are standard.
Also included are 19-inch alloy wheels, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a head-up display, and a navigation system with voice recognition.
Wi-Fi hotspot capability, rain-sensing wipers, and an adaptive suspension are standard, as well.
Adding the $1,035 destination fee to the Touring base price totals $38,415. Financing with no money down for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $690 per month. See 2022 Honda Accord Touring models for sale
2022 Honda Accord Touring includes:
- Head-up display – A projector on the dashboard at the base of the windshield displays key driver information on the windshield just below the driver’s line of sight.
- Rain-sensing wipers – When the system senses moisture on the windshield, it automatically engages the wipers. The wiper speed adjusts according to the volume of the rain.
- Adaptive suspension – Firming up during spirited driving, this suspension provides a comfy ride during normal driving.