Hyundai has pretty much left the 2022 Hyundai Accent alone. There are no changes worth discussing.
Actually, the Accent has a lot going for it. From the curb, it’s a handsome subcompact. Inside, the user-friendly cabin is practical and doesn’t feel like it belongs to Hyundai’s least expensive vehicle.
Historically, Hyundai has been a value brand and the Accent follows that path. You get plenty of bang for the buck. Not to mention that terrific 10-year or 100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Hyundai offers Accent in three grades: SE, SEL, and Limited.
Every Accent derives its go from a 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine. It delivers its 120 horsepower and 113 lb-ft of peak torque to the front wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission in the SE trim. Optional in the SE and standard in the upper trims is a continuously variable automatic transmission.
The government-estimated mileage with the manual transmission is 29 miles per gallon in the city, 39 mpg on the highway, and 33 mpg in combined driving. With the automatic, those figures increase to 33 mpg city/41 mpg highway/36 mpg combined.
2022 Hyundai Accent SE (starting at $16,645)
Sitting at the bottom of the trim-level pecking order, the SE comes with a manual transmission, drum rear brakes, a steering wheel that only tilts, and 15-inch steel wheels with plastic wheel covers.
It does, however, also have some popular equipment like power door locks with remote keyless entry, power windows, power-adjustable outboard mirrors, air conditioning, and cruise control.
Among its other standard content are a 60/40 split rear seat, a 5-inch color touchscreen, and a 4-speaker audio system with Bluetooth connectivity.
You can add a few dealer-installed accessories, but the only real option is the $1,100 automatic transmission.
Adding the $1,005 destination fee to the SE’s estimated base price brings the total to $17,650. To finance that with no money down for 60 months at 3% interest works out to a monthly payment of $317. Find a Hyundai Accent SE for sale.
2022 Hyundai Accent SE Includes:
- Remote keyless entry – The car can be locked and unlocked remotely by pointing the key fob at it.
- Color touchscreen – Operates the simple infotainment system.
- Bluetooth – Allows you to stream music from your phone or digital player.
2022 Hyundai Accent SEL (starting at $17,900)
We think the $1,255 extra for the SEL over the SE is money very well spent. If you are looking for more than just something to go from point A to point B, the SEL brings with it some fairly basic upgrades, beginning with the automatic transmission.
Other welcomed features include 15-inch alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, a steering wheel that telescopes as well as tilts, heated outboard mirrors, and auto on-off headlights.
The SEL also brings a few convenience-connectivity upgrades like a 7-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, six speakers, Bluetooth with voice recognition, satellite-radio capability, and two USB ports.
Adding the $1,005 destination fee to the SEL’s estimated base price brings the total to $18,905. To finance that amount with no money down at 3% interest for 60 months works out to $340 per month. Find a Hyundai SEL for sale.
2022 Hyundai Accent SEL Includes:
- Automatic transmission – A continuously variable transmission (CVT) which, instead of gears, uses pulleys and belts to constantly maximize the engine’s efficiency.
- Auto on-off headlights – Using photosensors, the system turns on the headlights (and taillights) when the sunlight fades. Then turns them off when the sunlight returns.
- Voice recognition – Allows you to change your music, make phone calls, and more with voice commands.
2022 Hyundai Accent Limited (starting at $19,600)
Adding several upgrades, Limited brings a bit of added convenience to the Accent lineup.
Among the standard features are Proximity Key with keyless entry and push-button start, hands-free Smart Trunk, forward-collision warning, and automatic climate control.
Other enhancements include 17-inch alloy wheels, heated front seats, power sunroof, LED lights (headlights, daytime running lights, and taillights), integrated turn-signal indicators on the outboard mirrors, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Also included among the Limited’s content are three years of complimentary Hyundai’s Blue Link connected services.
Adding the $1,005 destination fee to the Limited’s estimated price brings the total to $20,605. Financing that amount with no money down for 60 months at a 3% interest rate works out to $370 a month. Find a Hyundai Accent Limited for sale.
2022 Hyundai Accent Limited Includes:
- Proximity key – Allows the unlocking of the car doors and the trunk with the key fob in a pocket or purse. It includes push-button start.
- Smart Trunk – A function of the Proximity key, the Smart Trunk will unlock and fully open when it senses the key nearby.
- Blue Link – An app on your smartphone that allows interfacing with your Accent. It can remote start your car, remote lock or unlock the doors, locate your vehicle, and more.