When it comes to 3-row midsize crossovers, the 2022 Hyundai Palisade delivers impressive value. With loads of standard and optional technology, an adult-friendly third row, and that 10-year or 100,000-mile powertrain warranty, the Palisade is the ideal family hauler.
The big news for this model year is, Hyundai made Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Safe Exit Assist, and side-mirror turn-signal indicators standard on all grades.
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist not only warns of traffic on your flanks but also takes control of the vehicle, helping to prevent an accident. Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist will apply the brakes if it senses you are backing into traffic or an object.
Hyundai offers the Palisade in four trims: SE, SEL, Limited, and Calligraphy. The SE seats eight, the SEL seats seven or eight, and the Limited and Calligraphy seat seven.
Every Palisade uses a 291-horsepower 3.8-liter V6 to create thrust. An 8-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters distributes engine output to either the front or all four wheels.
Three drive modes (Eco, Normal, and Sport) offer different driving dynamics.
EPA-estimated mileage is 19 miles per gallon in the city, 26 mpg on the highway, and 22 mpg in combined driving. Standard on the top Calligraphy grade and an estimated extra $1,700 on all other grades, all-wheel drive (AWD) scrubs away some mileage to 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway/21 mpg combined. See 2022 Hyundai Palisade models for sale
2022 Hyundai Palisade SE (starting at $33,150)
Even as the entry-level grade, the SE comes brimming with standard equipment. The base price includes 18-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights with automatic high beams, LED daytime running lights, and heated outboard mirrors with turn-signal indicators.
Driver aids include a steering wheel with haptic feedback, rear-parking sensors, forward-collision warning with emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, driver attention warning, lane-following assist, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Safe Exit Assist, and adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
Opting for AWD also includes downhill brake assist and adds a snow mode.
Most of the other SE options are dealer-installed accessories.
Adding the $1,185 destination fee to the SE base price brings the total to $34,335. Financing for 60 months at a 3% interest rate with no money down works out to $617 per month. See 2022 Hyundai Palisade SE models for sale
2022 Hyundai Palisade SE Includes:
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay – Usually, you have to plug your smartphone into a USB port to interface with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. But, the Palisade allows a wireless connection.
- Seating for eight – Three rows of bench seats accommodate up to eight passengers. Even the third-row is spacious enough for the average adult.
- Standard driver aids – They include forward-collision warning with emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
2022 Hyundai Palisade SEL (starting at $35,500)
Replacing the second-row bench seat with captain’s chairs, the SEL comes furnished for seven. You can reinstate the second-row bench but must add the $5,500 in option packages listed below to do so.
The SEL’s standard content builds on that of the SE by either adding or replacing features. Because of its available option packages, it is our favorite grade.
Among the extra standard features are an 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, second-row climate controls, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and Hyundai’s Proximity key with push-button start.
Also standard is an auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink, LED interior lights, a sunroof, and roof rails.
Moving up to the SEL opens the door to several options and option packages.
Ponying up $2,400 gets you the Convenience Package including 20-in. alloy wheels, self-leveling rear suspension, LED taillights, front-parking sensors, Hands-Free Smart Liftgate, wireless device charging, and more.
The Premium Package ($3,100) provides leather seating, 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, heated second-row seats, a power folding-reclining third-row seat, and a navigation system with a 10.25-in. touchscreen.
To add the Premium Package requires adding the Convenience Package.
Adding the $1,185 destination fee to the estimated base price of the SEL brings the total price to $36,685. At 3% interest, financing that amount for 60 months with no money down carries a monthly payment of $659. Find a Hyundai Palisade SEL for sale
2022 Hyundai Palisade SEL Includes:
- HomeLink – An integrated transceiver, it can activate any radio-frequency device like garage doors, community gates, entry-door locks, and home security systems, among other gadgets.
- Captain’s chairs – Replacing the second-row bench seat with two captain’s chairs reduces the passenger count to seven.
- Proximity key – This allows the doors to unlock when the door locks sense the key fob close by. It also includes push-button start.
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited (starting at $45,390)
Providing all the standard features of the SEL, as well as all of the content included in the two option packages, the Limited also adds rain-sensing wipers, ventilated front seats, and heated-ventilated second-row captain’s chairs.
Adding to the luxury, other standard fare includes Nappa leather seating, head-up display, 360-degree surround-view monitor, a 12-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound audio system, and more.
As with the SE, the Limited doesn’t offer much in the way of options beyond dealer-installed accessories.
After adding in the $1,185 destination charge to the estimated base price of the Limited, the total is $46,575. Financing for 60 months at a 3% interest rate with no money down works out to a monthly payment of $837. See 2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited models for sale
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited Includes:
- Head-up display – HUD projects key information onto the windshield in the driver’s line of sight. The key information includes speed, warnings from driver-aid technologies, and navigation commands.
- Surround-view monitor – A parking aid, it provides a birds-eye view of the car and what surrounds it.
- Hands-Free Smart Liftgate – The liftgate fully opens automatically when it senses the key fob close by.
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy (starts at $46,690)
Further elevating the luxury level, Calligraphy includes all of the Limited content and expands it.
Additional standard features include AWD, upgraded 20-inch alloy wheels, special front- and rear-end treatments, puddle lamps, quilted leather door panels, and a perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Adding the $1,185 destination fee to the estimated base price of the Calligraphy brings the total to $47,875. At a 3% interest rate, financing for 60 months with no money down translates into a monthly payment of $860. See 2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy models for sale
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Includes:
- AWD – This is Hyundai’s HTRAC system with Snow mode that divides torque between the front and rear axles and provides left and right wheel-slip control. It also has a locking differential for more challenging off-roading.
- Puddle lamps – These are approach lights located in the outboard mirrors.
- Specific exterior treatments – A more elegant grille, special rear-accent lighting, and unique 20-inch alloy wheels.