Toyota barely tweaked around the edges of the 2022 Toyota Sienna minivan because it was completely redesigned for 2021. However, Toyota did add the new Woodland Edition grade to the trim-level lineup.
A watershed year for Sienna, 2021 marked the switch to hybrid across the entire Sienna grade lineup.
For 2022, the big news is the introduction of the Sienna Woodland Edition. It targets that bit of adventure residing in all of us.
Toyota only offers Woodland Edition in the 7-passenger configuration. In addition to its electronic all-wheel drive (AWD), Woodland Edition also provides more than half an inch of extra ground clearance.
Moreover, it has a 1,500-watt inverter with a 120-volt AC power outlet to feed campsite electronics.
You have your pick of six trim levels: LE, XLE, Woodland Edition, XSE, Limited, and Platinum.
Every Sienna seats seven. In the LE and XLE, replacing the second-row captain’s chairs for a bench seat for 8-passenger seating is a no-cost option.
There is much to like about Sienna. We are impressed with its available AWD, fuel economy, the array of driver aids, and the long-slide second-row captain’s chairs.
AWD is standard on the Woodland Edition and a $2,000 upgrade on all other grades, except Platinum, on which it’s a $760 upcharge. It’s not available at all on the XLE 8-passenger.
Power and Fuel Economy
Sienna’s hybrid system consists of a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and two electric motors.
A third electric motor is attached to the rear axle in AWD models, providing the power to drive the rear wheels when AWD engages.
Sienna models without AWD are front-wheel drive (FWD).
In FWD form, the 2021 Toyota Sienna has U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) fuel economy estimated at 36 mpg city/36 mpg highway/36 mpg combined.
With AWD, the 2021 Toyota Sienna is nearly as impressive. It has estimated EPA figures of 35 mpg/36 mpg/35 mpg.
2022 Toyota Sienna LE (starting at $34,560)
Anchoring the Sienna lineup is the LE. Despite being at the bottom of the grade heap, it is nicely equipped.
It comes with 17-inch alloy wheels, LED exterior lights (auto on-off headlights, taillights, and daytime running lights), and heated power outboard mirrors.
Also included are dual power-sliding side doors, tri-zone automatic climate control, an 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and a tilt-telescopic steering wheel.
A 4.2-inch driver information display and keyless entry with push-button start are also standard.
A Wi-Fi hotspot and satellite radio capability are also standard.
The driver aids are forward-collision warning with automatic emergency braking, lane-tracing assist, and lane-departure alert with steering assist.
Opting for the LE Plus Package ($2,300) adds an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a Homelink transceiver, wireless phone charging, a power moonroof, and more.
For another $75, you can add a spare tire to the deal.
Adding the $1,215 destination fee to the LE base price equals $35,775. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $643 per month. See 2022 Toyota Sienna LE models for sale
2022 Toyota Sienna LE includes:
- LED exterior lighting – This includes projector headlights with auto on-off, taillights, and daytime running lights (DRLs). LEDs illuminate a wider and longer area than regular incandescent lights. That means they are also easier for other drivers to see.
- Tri-zone automatic climate control – Separating the vehicle into three areas (front right, front left, and rear), it allows setting the temperatures in each. It then automatically maintains those preset temperatures.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Allows these smartphone features to interface with your vehicle.
2022 Toyota Sienna XLE (starting at $39,850)
We believe the XLE is the value sweet spot in the Sienna lineup. It has everything most families look for in day-to-day transportation.
The XLE adds LED fog lights to the LE, hands-free power-sliding side doors, a power liftgate, quad-zone automatic climate control, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Also included are a 4-way power-adjustable passenger seat, heated front seats, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, Homelink, and an 8-speaker audio system.
Front-rear park assist with automatic braking is also standard.
The XLE Plus Package ($2,075) adds wireless phone charging, a navigation system, a 12-speaker JBL audio system, and more.
Adding the $1,215 destination charge to the XLE base price brings the total to $41,065. With no money down for 60 months at 3% interest, financing works out to $738 per month. See 2022 Toyota Sienna XLE models for sale
2022 Toyota Sienna XLE includes:
- Hands-free power liftgate – With the key fob on your person, stick your foot under either sliding door. The door automatically slides open.
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror – Using photosensors, it recognizes bright headlights closing from behind. It then automatically dims the reflection of those lights.
- Homelink – This is a transceiver that you can program to act like a garage-door opener. It can also control some functions in your home, such as turning on lights.
2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland Edition (starting at $45,350)
To the XLE, the Woodland Edition adds AWD, 18-inch alloy wheels, black roof-rail crossbars, a tow hitch, Driver Easy Speak, and a 1,500w inverter with two AC outlets.
A 12-speaker JBL audio system is also included.
An Entertainment Package ($1,415) adds an 11.6-inch screen, an HDMI input, and two sets of wireless headphones.
Adding the $1,215 destination fee to the Woodland Edition base price totals $46,565. Financing with no money down for 60 months at 3% interest works out to a monthly payment of $837. See 2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland Edition models for sale
2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland Edition includes:
- More ground clearance – The Woodland Edition has an extra 0.6 inches between the ground and frame.
- Driver Easy Speak – Using the built-in microphone, the driver can access this feature on the touchscreen to address passengers in the rear through the rear speakers.
- Electronic AWD – Adding an electric motor to the rear axle, this system doesn’t have all the weight a conventional AWD system has. Because of the reduced weight and the rear motor only engaging when needed, there is very little difference in mileage for front-wheel drive and AWD.
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE (starting at $42,100)
The XSE FWD is just a sportier-looking version of the XLE with 20-inch dark wheels and a navigation system.
The Entertainment Package is also available.
Adding the $1,215 destination fee to the XSE base price brings the total to $43,315. With no money down, financing for 60 months at 3% interest works out to $778 per month. See 2022 Toyota Sienna XSE models for sale
2022 Toyota Sienna Limited (starting at $46,800)
Limited loses all of the XSE features listed above but does retain the navigation system.
It adds the Woodland Edition wheels, a dark-gray metallic grille, outboard mirrors with reverse tilt-down and puddle lights, and chrome exterior accents.
Wireless phone charging, leather seating, heated-ventilated front seats, ottomans for the second-row seats, and a power tilt-telescopic steering wheel are standard.
Also included are a 7-inch driver information display, and the 12-speaker JBL audio system.
Again, the Entertainment Package is available.
Adding the $1,215 destination fee to the Limited base price equals $48,015. Financing with no money down for 60 months at 3% interest works out to a monthly payment of $863. See 2022 Toyota Sienna Limited models for sale
2022 Toyota Sienna Limited includes:
- Wireless phone charging – Without using a cable, you can charge any Qi-enabled phone.
- Ventilated front seats – Blowing cool air, they help keep you comfortable in hot weather.
- Power-adjustable steering wheel – Changing the height and distance of the steering wheel is as easy as pressing a button.
2022 Toyota Sienna Platinum (starting at $50,000)
To the Limited, Platinum adds 20-inch alloy wheels, bi-LED projector headlights, rain-sensing wipers, and a 10-inch head-up display.
The Entertainment Package is also available.
Adding the $1,215 destination fee to the Platinum base price totals $51,215. With no money down for 60 months at 3% interest, financing works out to $920 per month. See 2022 Toyota Sienna LE models for sale
2022 Toyota Sienna Platinum includes:
- Bi-LED projector headlights – These encase the low and high beams in one projector module.
- Head-up display – A projector on the dashboard at the windshield base displays key driver information on the windshield just below the driver’s line of sight.
- Rain-sensing wipers – When the system senses moisture on the windshield, it automatically engages the wipers. The wiper speed adjusts according to the volume of the rain.