Sell Your Car
How do I place an ad?
Visit Sell Your Car and enter your ZIP code. From there, you can review our ad packages and select the ad you want. There are four quick steps in placing an ad with us:
- Step 1: Enter your ad information.
- Step 2: Upload photos of your car (if you select an ad with photos).
- Step 3: Review your ad.
- Step 4: Purchase your ad.
Do you have a checklist for creating an ad?
We’ve included an ad checklist below. Some items depend on the ad you select and any upgrades you may add to your package.
- Basic information about your car, including year, make, model, body style, mileage and price. VIN is not required, but it does help us offer more info to potential buyers.
- A list of optional and standard equipment.
- The best-selling points about your car, so you can create a detailed description. The more info you provide, the easier it is to reach buyers looking for those features.
- Photos of your car. You may add a single photo or up to twenty seven photos, depending on the ad you select.
- Your payment method. We accept Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. To protect the information you provide, our site is on a secure server.
What if I don’t have a digital camera?
That’s okay. Just take your traditional film to your local photo-processing lab and request a photo CD. Or, you can turn prints into digital pictures with the help of a scanner.
I just set up an ad. Why doesn’t the photo I uploaded display?
Typically, your ad goes live in just a few hours after you place your ad. However, sometimes your uploaded photos may take from 24 – 48 hours until they appear. Also, we reserve the right to reject any inappropriate photos uploaded.
How do I edit, renew or remove my ad?
Once you place an ad with us, you’ll receive a confirmation email with an edit link and your Ad ID. Click the link and use your Ad ID to log in. Follow the instructions to update or remove your ad. (You’ll also find an edit link on our homepage.)
Why am I receiving calls from telemarketers after listing my car on Autotrader? How can I stop these calls?
You should know we never share our customers’ phone numbers with telemarketers. If someone called to sell you an ad on another website, the company probably got your phone number by reading your listing on Autotrader.
You can reduce unsolicited telemarketing calls by registering your home and mobile numbers on the national do-not-call list. Register online for free at www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222. When you do get an unwanted telemarketing call, request to have your number added to that company’s do-not-call list.
If you believe a telemarketer has violated your do-not-call rights, note the name or number of the company and submit an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.donotcall.gov.