Have you ever wondered what cars everyone else is looking for? We have — so we ran a report that details the most sought after new and certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicles on Autotrader, based on search data. We’ve listed the information below, and we’ve also included a few words about why you might want to check out each of today’s most-searched vehicles.
1. Ford F-150 — The latest F-150 is the most-searched new car on Autotrader. It’s also the most popular vehicle on the market, and it’s been completely redesigned for 2015 with a new look, new features, new engines and new all-aluminum construction that improves gas mileage and capabilities.
2. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 — The Silverado is also recently redesigned, offering a new interior, new engines, new features and improved capabilities — plus a more modern look.
3. Jeep Wrangler — The Wrangler is one of the most enjoyable new cars on the market thanks to its removable roof and go-anywhere capabilities. We also love the fact that there’s now a 4-door body style — and a powerful 3.6-liter V6 engine.
4. Ford Mustang — The newly redesigned Mustang boasts a fresh look, an improved interior and stronger performance, as well as an appealing turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with excellent fuel economy and performance. Even drivers who aren’t usually muscle car fans should check out the latest Mustang.
5. RAM 1500 — The full-size RAM 1500 pickup competes directly with the F-150 and Silverado. It’s not as recently refreshed as those models, but it offers a similarly wide array of body styles and powertrains — along with some unique features such as air suspension and a diesel engine.
6. GMC Sierra 1500 — The GMC Sierra is the Chevy Silverado’s recently redesigned mechanical twin. Pitched as slightly more upscale than the Silverado, it offers roughly the same powertrain options, capabilities and body style choices.
7. Ford F-250 — The F-250 is a heavy-duty version of the popular F-150. Despite similar styling to the F-150, it offers far greater capabilities that make it perfectly suited to anyone who needs a truck for serious workhorse duties.
8. Chevrolet Corvette — The newly redesigned Corvette offers fresh styling and some major high-tech and interior improvements over last year’s model. It’s also tremendously fast in a straight line and surprisingly adept in the corners.
9. Dodge Challenger — The Challenger offers old-school muscle car styling with modern technology and features. Reasonable pricing makes it an especially appealing choice for many drivers interested in a sporty new car they can afford to buy.
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee — The Grand Cherokee is a family-friendly SUV that offers a wide range of trim levels, from basic to luxurious and even high-performance in the sporty SRT model. The Grand Cherokee also touts reasonable pricing, lots of available equipment and impressive off-road performance.
1. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 — The Silverado 1500 leads all CPO vehicles in overall searches. We suspect that’s due to the truck’s impressive capabilities and increasingly affordable prices for used versions, thanks to a recently redesigned new model.
2. Ford F-150 — Certified pre-owned F-150 models offer a lot of capability and impressive equipment without the high prices of the recently redesigned 2015 model.
4. Honda Accord — Certified pre-owned Accord models offer sensible styling, a roomy cabin, notorious durability and reasonable pricing — plus Honda’s excellent 7-year or 100,000-mile CPO powertrain warranty.
5. Jeep Grand Cherokee — There’s a Grand Cherokee for just about everyone, ranging from basic entry-level models to luxurious high-end versions. Certified pre-owned versions offer a good discount and a long powertrain warranty.
6. Ford Mustang — With a newly redesigned Mustang just released, prices of used models are looking more affordable, especially with factory-backed certified pre-owned warranty coverage from Ford. While you won’t get the latest styling, you’ll get impressive performance and a lot of features.
7. Mercedes-Benz E-Class — The E-Class offers luxurious appointments, impressive technology and legendary smoothness from its ride and powertrains. But with prices for new models so steep, Mercedes‘ certified pre-owned program may be the way to go.
8. Porsche 911/911 Turbo — Certified pre-owned Porsche 911 models offers two major attractions. First, they still tout the same impressive performance and head-turning styling as a new one. Second, they also come with Porsche’s excellent certified pre-owned warranty, which provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for up to 10 years on some models.
9. Chevrolet Tahoe — Although newly redesigned Tahoe models are pricey, certified pre-owned versions tout much of the same capability as the latest versions — and GM’s CPO warranty — for a sharp discount.
10. Mercedes-Benz C-Class — With a new and more pricey C-Class just reaching dealers, certified pre-owned models are starting to look more appealing and less expensive. They offer luxurious appointments, excellent powertrains and Mercedes’ 1-year, unlimited-mileage certified pre-owned warranty.